Welcomed, I'm honored.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this page, I am very happy and honored by your presence. Here I create various post that I expect to be of use to you personally to give you information and resources needed to promote your being to the maximum amount of success possible. I care deeply for you and want to ensure that you live the best life possible because nobody deserves half hardships I've had, and certainly no more than me.

With all due respect lets please continue and I'll be happy to read anything you have to say in responce to any of my posts or any specific questions you might have.

So please spare a moment of your time with an open mind and learn from what I have to say, tell me what you have to say in responce, and I will learn greatly from you.

Your Rights

As the author of the blog Remrie Arrie I give you have the rights to freedom of speech and the right to distribute any information from anything on this blog as freely as you wish as long as you mention my name as the source.

I believe in two things
1. The free trade of information and resources in a free capitolistic market and society.

2. Giving credit and appreciation to the people who deserve it.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fear of Success

Remrie's responce to Paul Murphy's post at Better Networker

http://www.betternetworker.com/blogs/view/paulmurphy/a-scary-movie-you-dont-want-to-see#comment-20010

~ Remrie Arrie

I never understood the concept of how someone could possibly fear success, but then I think that comes from the fact that I've never been in a position between success and failure (middle/lower-middle class), and when you grow up in failure your only fear is being stuck there, but you know you can deal with it.


As for actual moment of being in fear, when it's not a immediate danger but rather an omnipresent cloud that looms over the whole of your life it appears what works best is to stop for a moment and analyze it.


AnalyzeWhere does the fear come from? (your history, what your taught, your experiences, traumatic events)Why is it there? (a warning, a notice, an opportunity, surprise etc)What made it present? (What a person said, did, does, the environment, it's new, unknown, strange)What is it doing (Scaring you, exciting you, benefiting you, restricting you, forcing you to rethink, etc)What are your options? (how to act upon the fear, to conform, to persist, to re-plan, to give up, etc)What is your chosen action?What will your action cause?What will be the benefit of doing so?etc


When I find myself faced with a fear I've learned that it's best not to be reactive "OMG I'M FALLING I BETTER FLAIL MY ARMS AND SCREAM BLOODY MURDER" which can cause more harm than good. But instead I would be analytical and observe what happens so I can best compensate and react "OH! I got pushed, I'm falling backwards towards a wall, I might as well just turn around and land on the wall like a push up." or "Oh! I got pushed, no worries the pool is right behind me I'll be fine".


I'll admit, on both a physical and psychological level that takes practice, people look at me weird when I tell them how I naturally react but that's what sports do. First rule of pole vaulting I learned is 'Don't panic' because once you make contact with that pole there is only one way to go and that's up whether you like it or not! Honestly I was more scared about taking that first step towards planting that pole in the ground at running speed knowing it might recoil and I would shoot off in some random direction, lodge the pole into my chest or face, or it would bend too much and break, or I would end up going backwards... ouch, or hitting the bar on the way up (or down), falling off to the sides instead of landing on the mat. Or in some theoretical (1 in 100,000,000) sense someone kicks the pole out from under me. OMG My brain came up with every excuse as to why I should NOT do it than actually why I should do it, same thing with changing genders, same thing with martial arts, same thing with driving a car, same thing with diving, same thing with public speaking, same thing with investing and business.

When it comes to fears, risk, failures, criticism, etc I'm with Kiyosaki "Learn to manage risk" we learn to manage things by learning about them and practicing with peers before we ever go solo. If anyone here fears success for being some bad fat cat be better than everyone by showing everyone how capitalism can benefit society and not just your purse. ~ Remrie

No comments: